Skip to content
How Do I...?


How do I get a copy of a police report?

In accordance with Township Resolution 2067 relating to regulations under the Right-to-Know-Law, all requests for police reports must be made during regular business hours, Monday -Friday 8:00Am to 4:pm. Reports can be picked up at Headquarters after regular business hours as long as the original request was generated and reviewed during these prescribed times and fees paid.

Reports are available at police headquarters. Reportable accident reports cost $15.00 each (per Pa. C.S.A. 75 sect 3751(b) ), accident reconstruction reports cost $100.00. Some of these reports will be redacted. Cash or Check is accepted for payment (no credit/debit cards).

What is the average time for a report to be completed?

Reports vary in time of completion. Some are very simple and can be completed usually in 1 to 2 days. Others such as Reportable Accident Reports can take 7 to 10 days. Please be patient as some reports require approvals and further investigation after the scenes are cleared.

How do I obtain a Township Soliciting Permit?

Ordinance 2021-02 was adopted by the Buckingham Township Board of Supervisors on May 26, 2021.  Here are links to the Solicitor's Permit Application Instructions and the Solicitor's Permit Application Form, per Ordinance 2021-02. 

House Check Forms

If you are on vacation or away from your house for some time please notify police.  Informing the police department will allow officers to contact family/friends in case of emergency at your home.  House Check Form email it to

Where do I dispose of my unwanted prescription drugs?

The Buckingham Township Police Department participates in the Drug Take Back program and has a secure collection unit in the lobby of the Police Department which is available 24 hours 7 days a week. This unit allows for the safe collection and disposal of unwanted prescription and over the counter medications. Residents are encouraged to make use of this program to minimize prescription drug misuse and to safeguard the environment. No liquids, inhalers or needles please. 

Is hunting allowed in Buckingham Township?

Yes, hunting is allowed throughout the Township as per the regulations of the Pennsylvania Game Commission. You MUST first have permission from the property owner, preferably in writing, dated and carry it with you. Even if the property is posted No Hunting, the owner may grant permission.

Does Buckingham Township have a leash ordinance?

No, the Township does not have a leash ordinance. According to the Pennsylvania Dog law, all dogs must be under the control of their owner/handler and may not be allowed to run at large. Dogs are personal property and owners are responsible for all damages caused by their dogs. ALL dogs are required to be licensed by Bucks County.

Do I have to register my home or business alarm system with Buckingham Township Police?

No, the Township does not have an alarm ordinance however; it does follow the Pennsylvania Crimes Code Section 7511 Control of Alarm Devises and Automatic Dialing Devices, which allows for enforcement of excessive alarm activities .Subsection (C)(1) False Alarms Prohibited - A person that owns, uses or possesses an alarm device or automatic dialing devise may not, after causing or permitting three (3) false alarms to occur in a consecutive 12 months period, cause or merit a subsequent false alarm to occur in the same consecutive 12 month period. A person that violates this paragraph commits a summary offence and shall, upon conviction be sentenced to pay a fine or not more than $300.

If I have a minor traffic accident should I report it to the police?

A minor traffic accident, no injury and no towing required, does not necessitate police intervention. However, it is recommended that an officer respond to the scene to insure all necessary information is exchanged. The responding officer will complete a report that may be provided to the insurance company upon their request.

Can I ride a motorized scooter, quad, ATV, motorized bicycle, go-cart or snowmobile on the streets or anywhere else?

If it is motorized, the operator needs to have a license, registration and insurance for the vehicle. The vehicle also must have proper equipment to be driven on the roads, such as turn signals, headlights, brake lights, a valid registration tag and safety inspection. The mini-bikes, go-carts, quads, trikes and scooters are not legal to ride at this time in Pennsylvania, unless you are on private property and have permission from the owner. If you do ride at an approved location, always wear a helmet and proper safety equipment. Violation of this or other parts of this section can result in traffic tickets to the operator as well as the owner, just as if you were operating a car or truck. The vehicle may also be towed at your expense. Illegally riding in farmers' fields and damaging the crops will result in higher fines and restitution! Can you really afford that?

Who picks up animal carcasses found along the roadways in the Township?

The Pennsylvania Game Commission, (1-800-228-0791) is responsible for picking up dead deer, bear or elk carcasses along most roadways in Pennsylvania. The Penna Department of Transportation (215-345-6060) will pick up dead deer on State highways only. The Township does NOT have the equipment to pick up a deceased animal. On private property it is the responsibility of the property owner. A domesticated animal carcass is the responsibility of its owner.

How dark can I have the aftermarket tinting on my car windows?

After market tinting is legal on the driver's side and passenger side glass of the vehicles as long as the light transmitted to the inside is at least 70% of the outside light. The Buckingham Township Police do have tint meters and it is a primary violation, which means you can be stopped for the tinting only.

Commercial Vehicle Update

Recently the Pennsylvania State Police, Commercial Vehicle Safety Division launched a public website to provide law enforcement, the trucking industry stakeholders and the public with information about our Motor Carrier Safety efforts. The site contains some valuable information that can aid with questions and concerns for the safety of Commercial Vehicles as well as all who use our highways. Check out the link and drive safe.  Please click the underlined below to be redirected to that page.

Pennsylvania State Police Commercial Vehicle Safety Division website

Do police really have a ticket quota?

NO, it is illegal! There is no such thing as a ticket quota, it does not measure an officers work effort.

Is target practice with a firearm legal in the Township?

Yes, it is legal as long as it is done safely, with a proper backstop that stops the bullets and so as not to disturb the neighbors.

How do I report Special Needs people in my household should an emergency occur? 

The Premise History File is kept at the 9-1-1 Center of Bucks County. The information you supply the 9-1-1 Call Center is only referred to should a 9-1-1 call come from this address. It will contain only the information you provide. It will alert any and all emergency service responders to a person with disabilities or special needs that resides at your residence. These emergency responders can then respond to those with specific needs accordingly.

Please click "Premise History File" to download PDF form version.

Drone Owners
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) now requires all Drones (small unmanned aircraft/UAS) weighing more than 0.55 lbs and less than 55 lbs including payloads, to be registered. Registration is free for the first thirty (30) days. Registration numbers are assigned to the owner(s) and must be displayed on the drones themselves.

More information can be found at this link:

The basic rules are:

  • Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 pounds
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft; you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

It is illegal to fly a drone in a National Park