The Buckingham Township Agricultural Security Area Advisory Commission meets at the call of the chairman. This Commission reviews applications made by Township residents) who wish to have their property included in the Agricultural Security Area of Buckingham Township.
An Agricultural Security Area provides those farmers who wish to continue farming beneficial and preferential policy treatment which acts to both help slow and guide development pressures, as follows:
- Township supervisors provide support to agriculture by not effectuating laws which may be restrictive to normal farming operations.
- Governmental condemnation of farmland in an Agricultural Security Area must be first approved by the Agricultural Lands Condemnation Approval Board in an attempt to establish available alternative sites for condemnation.
- The Agricultural Land Preservation Easement Purchase Program option offered by the County Agricultural Land Preservation Board is only available to qualified landowners who are registered in an Agricultural Security Area.
Please call the Township office (215-794-8834) if you wish to be sent an application form and to obtain more information on becoming a member of our Agricultural Security Area.
Meeting Schedule: Meets as needed.
- Jon Forest, Government Representative
- Paul Calderaio, Alternate
- Joseph Wicen
- Scott Yerkes
- Lori Wicen
- Lisa Briegal Braud